Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Few Pictures from the Columbia River Gorge


I traveled from Spokane to Portland recently and spent a few hours one evening in the Columbia River Gorge along Old Highway 30, which parallels Interstate 84 through the some of the more scenic areas of gorge, but which is much slower but also much more beautiful than the Interstate.  I stopped first at Horsetail Falls and took some, pictures and then went on to Multnomah Falls.  By the time I took some pictures there, the sun was setting and I hurried on to Vista House on the cliffs above the gorge only to discover that the road was closed.  I ended up taking a few pictures of the sunset from a viewpoint along the Interstate instead, not nearly as beautiful a vantage point as Vista House.

Horsetail Falls



Multnomah Falls



Sunset Along Interstate 84



2 comments:

Julie Ali said...

This must have been very beautiful to see up close.
The photographs look like paintings.
I love your waterfall photographs Ron.

Ron said...

Hi Julie,
Trust you are all well. This is a must-visit place if ever you are down in the Portland area. It's one of the most scenic drives I know and requires little effort to see all these different falls.