Monday, October 31, 2011

Eastern Wyoming


After spending the night sleeping in our van just outside the southeast entrance to Yellowstone National Park, we headed south and the east again through the town of Tensleep and through Tensleep Canyon, a spectacular drive, stopping frequently for pictures, and finally catching Interstate 90 once again, and taking it to the South Dakota border.  There were a lot of storms moving through the area and that is reflected in the pictures we took along the way.













In eastern Wyoming we drove north to Devil's Tower National Monument, a place that we had never seen before.  We were disappointed, however, since the Sturgis Bikers' Rally was on and the roads and monument were crammed with bikers.  We stopped for a few pictures before driving on into South Dakota and across the state to the Missouri River which we crossed just as the sun was going down.  We stopped there to take some pictures of the sunset, the last pictures of the day.




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adore the barn photo

Marti

Ron said...

Thanks, as always, for looking and commenting, Marti.

RiverDragon said...

Beautiful photos friend. That looks like it was great trip! I don't know why but the hay bales look almost like bowling pins to my simple mind and I keep seeing this giant bowling ball incoming from the right. Too much late night coffee again...

Ron said...

Thanks for the comments, Dragon. They do look a bit bizarre in a landscape, but that was the way my wife took the photo - it's actually her's and not mine,

Hanna at Orchid Care said...

All the photos are terrific which attests to the fact that you must have had an incredible vacation. The red rocks remind me of the Red Rock Amphitheater in Colorado and those in Sedona, Arizona.

And that barn is absolutely adorable. I wonder if it’s still occupied or merely a relic from the past.

Ron said...

Hi Hanna. I missed your comment when you posted it a couple of days ago. Thanks for looking and commenting. It's much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Hello Ron! Wyoming is as beautiful as I could never imagined! Your pictures at Flickr are awesome.
Are you a full time photographer or do you work in something else?

Your photos inspire me to work for pleasure and not live stressed every day, but doing what I really love.

Ron said...

Sorry I missed your post and thanks for the nice compliments. I am not a full time photographer. It is just a hobby and has been for many years. I don't make any effort to use my photos commercially and am not even interested in doing so. Thanks very much for your visit.