Saturday, March 10, 2018

Riverside State Park


"He changeth the times and the seasons."

Eager to get outdoors after a long winter, our daughter, her children and the two of us visited Riverside State Park on sunny spring day.  We walked the suspension bridge, threw stones in the water, explored the area around the Bowl and Pitcher, two oddly-shaped formations in the river and just sat and enjoyed the sunshine.

Riverside Park is on the west side of Spokane and lies for along the Spokane River.  It is over 10,000 acres and has over 200,000 feet of shoreline.  There is camping and hiking in the park and later in the spring is a great place to see the wildflowers.  The park lies on both sides of the river which can be crossed via a suspension bridge.
















4 comments:

Thelma said...

Nice photos Ron, and it looks like a nice place to explore. I bet the kids enjoyed it.

Ron said...

Thanks, Thelma. Have had trouble commenting on my own or others' blogs.

Carrot said...

Hello Ron, I found your blog on Orchids in the PNW. I found some on a hike and I wondered if you could help me identify them? They maybe Indian Pipe. I was wondering where I could send my photos? Gina Messenger

Ron said...

Send them to ronaldhhanko @ outlook.com w/o the spaces.